A Welcome from AAGL’s 2020 President
Thank you for the opportunity to serve as your President. It is an immense honor.
Our society is unique. We are a group of diverse members, each of whom shares the unifying goal of elevating gynecologic care for women, worldwide. We are minimally invasive gynecologic surgeons, urogynecologists, reproductive endocrinologists, gynecologic oncologists, and caregivers who work on these teams, and we are all dedicated to improving the care of women in our own arenas. We are women and men. We are trainees, practicing physicians, and retirees. We are every race and ethnicity. We span the globe in our reach. We have the ability to change the lives of women and of each other.
We have the resources within this society to make a difference. No woman on this planet should ever be without a health care team who can provide her with the care she needs, and in our sphere that includes minimally invasive gynecologic surgery. No physician who wants to help a woman should be without the resources to ask for the help they need to improve her care or their skillsets; and no physician who has skill, money, experience, or time to share should ever wonder how to give.
The AAGL is your worldwide resource.
- Through the Annual Congress we reach every inhabited continent, and the science presented is groundbreaking. If you are at the top of your game you can learn more, and if you are on the learning curve, you can access unparalleled surgical education.
- SurgeryU provides a platform for trainees to prepare for hands-on training, for practitioners to refine their skillsets, for experts to learn from other experts, and for masters to share their skills through narrated video. This is a surgical learning opportunity that is not available anywhere else.
- The Journal of Minimally Invasive Gynecology is your publication that summarizes cutting edge science related to our practice, available in print and online. It is our platform to share knowledge.
- Patient related materials are in the process of being generated to enable you to provide streamlined accurate information for your patients with gynecologic issues.
- The Foundation of the AAGL is integral in fundraising to facilitate research and meeting related travel – funds that are competitively available to our members.
- FMIGS oversees the fellowships in minimally invasive gynecologic surgery, now with an international scope of training.
In this next year, it will be my privilege to maintain the watch over our organization and to continue growing the AAGL as the premier member organization for gynecologic surgery worldwide.
Stay tuned for new initiatives and a matching program where people who want to give of their resources (knowledge, skills, financial assets, or time) can develop lasting relationships with people who want to grow in their skillset and training. Plan to attend the upcoming Annual Global Congress in Aurora (Denver), Colorado! Celebrate our organizational diversity and network with our members to learn from each other. Get involved in your organization, the AAGL – what an organization!
My promise to you is to be a good steward of our organization, and my charge to each of you is to become vitally involved in the care of women through the AAGL! We can change the world, individually and together. As we move through 2020, please be in communication with me about how I can best serve you, our organization, and the women we serve.