Announcing the 2023 AAGL and FMIGS Boards of Directors
Each year we celebrate the service of the previous Boards of Directors and welcome new members to each of our boards. This month I am pleased to announce the newly appointed members of the AAGL Board of Directors and the FMIGS Board of Directors.
The AAGL Board is responsible for the overall governance and strategic planning of the AAGL. Each year, the incoming president builds upon the foundation laid by the presidents who came before them. When we elect a new Secretary/Treasurer, that individual spends two years on the AAGL Board before ascending into the Presidency. This allows them ample time to become aware of the needs and governance of the AAGL and creates an organic continuum of the development of our association. Though each president brings their own distinct personality and leadership style to the position, all our presidents share a commitment to the mission of the AAGL.
I am very pleased to announce the leadership elected to serve on the 2023 AAGL Board of Directors.
Our 2023 AAGL Board of Directors Executive Committee consists of:
- President: Andrew Sokol from Washington, D.C.
- Vice President: Michel Canis, MD from Clermont-Ferrand, France
- Newly Appointed Secretary/Treasurer: Ted Anderson, MD, PhD from Nashville, Tennessee
- Immediate Past President: Mauricio S. Abrâo, MD, PhD from Sao Paulo, Brazil
- International Secretary: Shailesh P. Puntambekar, MD, PhD from Pune, India
- Medical Director (non-voting): Linda D. Bradley, MD from Cleveland, Ohio
- AAGL Executive Director (non-voting): Linda Michels from Cypress, California
In addition, our membership has chosen to elect these new Board Directors to the following positions:
- Director (General Membership): Kelly N. Wright, MD from Los Angeles
- Director (General Membership): Linda C. Yang, MD from Chicago, Illinois
- Director (North America: US/Canada): Cara R. King, DO from Cleveland, Ohio
- Director (Europe/Middle East/Africa): Sven Becker, MD, PhD from Frankfurt, Germany
We are also thankful for our returning Board Members:
- Amani Harris, MD from New South Wales, Australia
- Agnaldo Lopes, MD from Belo Horizonte, Brazil
- Nash Moawad, MD from Gainesville, Florida
- Samar Nahas, MD from Yorba Linda, California
I also have the honor of announcing the incoming 2023 FMIGS Board of Directors. The FMIGS Board of Directors oversees all aspects of the international and domestic FMIGS programs.
The 2023 FMIGS Board of Directors Executive Committee:
- President: Arnold P. Advincula, MD
- Vice President: Erin T. Carey, MD
- Newly Appointed Secretary/Treasurer: Hye-Chun Hur, MD
- Immediate Past President: Nita A. Desai, MD, MBA
- AAGL Medical Director: Linda D. Bradley, MD
- AAGL Executive Director: Linda Michels
- Program Director Representative: Kimberly A. Kho, MD, MPH
In addition, our membership has chosen to elect these new FMIGS Board Directors-at-Large:
- Michelle Louie, MD
- Christina Salazar, MD
- Fellow Representative: Olga Muldoon, MD
Thank you to our returning FMIGS Directors-at-Large:
- Nichole Mahnert, MD
- Biba Nijjar, MD, MPH
The future of the AAGL is in good hands under the leadership of these dedicated teams. On behalf of our entire association, I thank you for your service. We look forward to what you will accomplish!