Season of Giving
As 2022 comes to an end, I want to take a moment to say thank you to our donors for your support, Because of your generosity we are having an extremely successful year! We raised over $300,000 to support FMIGS programs, recognized 20 surgeons for achievements in excellence and scientific work, supported travel to the AAGL’s Congress for residents and surgeons from underdeveloped economies through scholarships provided by our members, established new endowments for ‘Excellence in Robotics’ and ‘Excellence in Suturing’ and plan to ramp up our work in 2023 to support Global Outreach and Patient Advocacy. Thanks to the remarkable dedication of our donors, the Foundation of the AAGL has helped hundreds of surgeons around the world transform not only their lives, but the care we are providing to our patients.
The Foundation of the AAGL’s mission is to provide opportunities for education, mentorship, global outreach, and patient advocacy with the ultimate goal of improving women’s health. Next year, we are hoping to raise $500,000 to support our mission.
Here are some ways you can get involved:
- Show your support for the Foundation of the AAGL by making an end-of-year tax deductible gift at: https://foundation.aagl.org/donate/.
- Consider donating an appreciated stock to the Foundation of the AAGL and work with your financial advisor on your taxable deduction.
- Become a sustaining donor to the Foundation of the AAGL by making a monthly pledge based on what you can afford.
- Fund an endowment to support awards in excellence and/or scientific achievements.
- Support our global outreach program to assist in providing resources to underdeveloped economies.
- Donate to patient advocacy to help us spread the word on the work of MIGS and help women find the care they need.
We have come a long way and are excited to do even more! We believe in the power of our members, industry and supporters coming together to tackle the world’s health challenges. Change is possible through collective generosity and working collaboratively. The Foundation Board of Directors understand that choosing where and how to give is personal – each of us wants to have an impact on the issues important to us and the world. Our expert team will work with grantees and donors around the world to explore new ideas and champion innovative initiatives.
While we reflect on a wonderful year behind us, I am focused on the great work ahead of us. With the growth in the organization and the focus on our four pillars, I am asking for your help by making a financial contribution to the Foundation of the AAGL to help support our mission.
No gift is too big or too small and every dollar is needed to allow us to do our work to improve women’s health through education, mentorship, global outreach, and patient advocacy.
If you are considering donating to the Foundation of the AAGL and have any questions about donating, establishing an endowment, making a bequest or other planned giving, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. We are extremely proud of the work we have accomplished in this past year and are excited to see what the future holds!
Together, and with all of you, our donors, and supporters, we will continue to make a difference by empowering progress in MIGS worldwide.
With deepest gratitude,
John A. Sunyecz, MD, FACOG