The Power of Giving: Why Philanthropy Is Important for the AAGL
The joy of giving is captured frequently in literature:
- It is one of the most beautiful compensations of life that no man can sincerely try to help another without helping himself. —Ralph Waldo Emerson
- As the purse is emptied the heart is filled. —Victor Hugo
- If you want happiness for a year, inherit a fortune. If you want happiness for a lifetime, help someone else. —Confucius
- The best recreation is to do good. —William Penn
- If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else. —Booker T. Washington
- A man there was, though some did count him mad, the more he cast away, the more he had. —John Bunyan
As the global leader in Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery, our mission is to elevate the quality and safety of health care for women through excellence in clinical practice, education, research, innovation and advocacy. As we challenge ourselves to improve the programs and outreach efforts that we embrace, the act of giving—or philanthropic contributions allow amazing things to happen.
I truly believe that all successful not for profit organizations have a duty to give something back to society. Charitable acts of kindness is infectious—a simple act of caring creates endless ripple effects downstream. I give—you give—we give—creates charitable acts of kindness swiftly.
Yes we have a phenomenal AAGL Foundation Board who meets regularly to generate robust ideas for fund raising. No one in our organization is exempt from participating in philanthropy. As our organization is Global, the outcomes of our myriad philanthropic efforts will be variable. Philanthropists come in all stripes and interests. That’s the beauty of our membership—we can pursue different visions, give to causes that we embrace. We can also learn about efforts that we know little about but can support. That’s the strength of giving.
Different donors can pursue their vision, so that collectively, we, the AAGL can get many solutions to problems rather than just one. My contributions have been to the Jay Cooper endowment fund and to the Franklin Loffer fund. Both men who influenced my stewardship and service to the AAGL and hysteroscopy.
You can make a lasting impact to our organization. Don’t be afraid to spread the word. Please give generously. In advance, we thank you for your generous philanthropic gift. Donate today, to the Foundation of the AAGL by clicking here: https://foundation.aagl.org/donate/