We Value Your Input: Join a Committee
AAGL invites you to volunteer for a committee to ensure you’re getting the most out of your membership. You’ll collaborate with other leaders in your field to advance AAGL’s mission, shape programs and education, and develop new resources for your colleagues and patients.
The following committees are now accepting applications:
- Audit Committee – Recommend the retention and termination of the independent auditors to the Board of Directors. Review the timing and scope of the audit with the auditors. Review the audit results and audit report with the auditors. The Audit Committee will prepare a written report that is presented annually to Board of Directors and has one open position.
- Bylaws Committee – Review and /or recommend bylaw wording changes for acceptance by the AAGL Board of Directors and has one open position.
- Coding Committee – Bring new coding rules, regulations, and pertinent items to the membership. Vet requests from industry, members, etc., for new codes for instrumentation and/or procedures and has three open positions.
Diversity and Inclusion Committee – Create a structure for diversity and inclusion within the AAGL. This includes reviewing Global Congress faculty assignments and other issues brought forth by AAGL membership to ensure diversity and inclusion with the AAGL. This committee has one open position.
- Ethics Committee – Alert the Board of Directors of ethical issues that should be addressed. Receive all problems with ethical considerations from the Board of Directors or any other interested person. Formulate responses and actions on any such deliberations and has one open position.
- Publications Committee – Review AAGL publications and provide recommendations for improvement. Summarize these recommendations by mid-year for submission to the Board of Directors at their mid-year Board Meeting. Publications will include NewsScope, E-bulletins, JMIG, and any other current publications. This committee has four open positions.
AAGL members are invited to submit their interest by emailing Seth Spirrison at email@example.com.
Shape the Scientific Content at the 2023 Global Congress in Nashville
Each year, the Scientific Program Committee (SPC) seeks input from our members regarding content that they would like at the Global Congress. This is your opportunity to shape the scientific program and help ensure that the most relevant spectrum of topics is presented at the meeting. The 2023 SPC wants to hear from you! Send your recommendations for a topic, faculty, keynote presenter, or more, by completing the 2023 Global Congress Call for Faculty and Topics Survey by January 20, 2023.
Your ideas could advance the future of AAGL! We look forward to hearing from you. Thank you for your support of the AAGL this year. Happy Holidays!